EAST TIMOR is surprisingly easy to access, with direct flights from Indonesia, Singapore and Australia. Dili’s Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport(DIL) is only a 10-minute drive from town.
Direct flight to/from Dili, East Timor(DIL):
|Bali, Indonesia (DPS)||2 flights per day||Sriwijaya, Citilink|
|Kupang, Indonesia||Thursday, Sunday|
|Singapore (SIN)||Thursday, Sunday||Scoot Tigerair, TransNusa|
|Darwin, Australia||Daily||Airnorth, Qantas|
East Timor or Timor-Leste officially the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, is a country in Southeast Asia. It comprises the eastern half of the island of Timor, the nearby islands of Atauro and Jaco, and Oecusse, an exclave on the northwestern side of the island surrounded by Indonesian West Timor. Australia is the country’s southern neighbour, separated by the Timor Sea. The country’s size is about 15,007 km2 (5,794 sq mi).
- Visitors may apply for visa on arrival at the Presidente Nicolau Lobato International Airport or at the Dili Sea Port.
- A single entry visa valid for up to 30 days is granted for a fee of US$30
- The US Dollar is the official currency of Timor-Leste.
- It’s not so easy use credit card in Timor-Leste, You’d better bring some cash with you.
- Not too many public Wifi available in hotels or plaza, It’s more convenient to have your own mobile internet.
- Telkomcel(subsidiary of Telkomsel, Indonesia) provides quite good 4G signal in Dili area.